- Over twenty years of experience in modern software development
- Proven ability to design, develop, and document large-scale applications
- Highly motivated with a history of working as an individual contributor and as a manager
- Solid foundation in software engineering and UI development
- Broad experience across desktop (Linux/Windows/Mac), mobile (iOS/Android), and web platforms
- User Interface: UIKit, WinForms, WPF, HTML, Win32, MFC, Open GL, Direct X
- Miscellaneous: git, Perforce, TDD, Scrum, CI, REST
MICHAEL WELLS CONSULTING, JUNE 2015 – PRESENT
Full-stack custom software development.
PARTNER, JAM FOUNDRY, DECEMBER 2014 – PRESENT
Co-wrote Sidepic and published it on the App Store.
LEAD DEVELOPER, 3D SYSTEMS, MARCH 2013 – DECEMBER 2016
Lead development of an iPad app that, in coordination with a 3D scanner, created custom-fit 3D printed arm and thumb braces. Wrote a web application that controlled a photogrammetric scanner that captured facial features for 3D printed figurines. Designed software to automate building surgical Le Fort guides and plates resulting in a 10x increase in number of models that could be produced in a day.
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING, 3VR, JANUARY 2005 – MARCH 2013
Managed the VisionPoint and CrimeDex core development teams (15 developers) and shipped seven major versions of the platform to global, Fortune 1000 companies. Number one committer to source code including event card panel, video playback, search predicate generation, basic business controls, and a custom ORM.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, BLACK PEARL, JUNE 2004 – OCTOBER 2004
Wrote B4 application-wide cut-copy-paste, icon management, log management, and role-based access.
FOUNDER, RTZEN, FEBRUARY 2001 – MAY 2004
Co-founded the company and managed its infrastructure, growth, and technical focus. Designed the system framework with transactional storage, infinite undo, wire graph evaluation, scripting, licensing, multi-threaded jobs, wire graph editor, and property editor. Wrote RT/shader that enabled artists to express complex HLSL shader code with a simple drag-and-drop, visual UI.
TECHNICAL LEAD, AUTODESK, FEBRUARY 1998 – FEBRUARY 2001
Founded and lead the team responsible for specializing 3DS Max for the architectural, game level editing, and web publishing markets. Invented, wrote, and helped patent the i-drop family of features (the i-drop IE plug-in and the 3DS Max Asset Browser).
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, PTC, OCTOBER 1995 – FEBRUARY 1998
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SL, JUNE 1993 – OCTOBER 1995
Wrote the Windows and OS/2 platform code that draws and animates 2D primitives for SL GMS.
- Specifying search criteria for searching video data (US8553084)
- Monitoring and presenting video surveillance data (US7843491)
- Performing operations using drag and drop features (US7019743)